Re: SSH Tunneling implementation

From: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSH Tunneling implementation
Date: 2012-07-13 06:57:14
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Akshay Joshi
> <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> >> The libssh2 guys couldn't tell you how?
> >

> >     I'll post this on mailing list, but I have found one solution to the
> > problem is checking the function "libssh2_md5" using AC_CHECK_LIB as
> below
> >    AC_CHECK_LIB(ssh2, libssh2_md5, [IS_LIBSSH2_OPENSSL_CRYPTO=yes],
> > [IS_LIBSSH2_OPENSSL_CRYPTO=no])
> >
> >    I have analyze libssh2 source code and found "libssh2_md5" is
> implemented
> > only for openssl version not for the gcrypt. I have tested it with both
> >    the version of libssh2.so.
> >
> >    Thoughts? Comments?
>
> Is there a way to test the actual function that we want to call
> instead? Will it fail right away, or does it actually require there to
> be a server somewhere that we can connect to? (If it requires a server
> we can't use that one in configure, but if it will fail right away,
> that seems like a better way to test it.

   To check the actual function we requires a valid server. Yesterday I
have posted the problem to the libssh2 mailing list, but still didn't get
response.Meanwhile
   I have fixed the review comments given by Dave. Attached is the complete
patch with
   AC_CHECK_LIB(ssh2, libssh2_md5 [IS_LIBSSH2_OPENSSL_CRYPTO=yes],
[IS_LIBSSH2_OPENSSL_CRYPTO=no]) and it works with both version of
   libssh2.

   Can we include libssh2 source code with pgAdmin3 to solve the problem?
Thoughts??Comments?

--
*Akshay Joshi
Senior Software Engineer