WAL log archival on standby

From: James Sewell <james(dot)sewell(at)lisasoft(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: WAL log archival on standby
Date: 2015-06-19 05:38:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey All,

Is it possible to create WAL archive files on standby servers when using
streaming replication?

I know I can use archive_command or pg_receivexlog - but these will both
result in me sending information to the standby servers which has already
been sent via standard streaming replication. This would result in a
doubling of my network traffic.

Ideally I'd prefer to conserve this bandwidth and write the files to a
local archive on any active standby.

Cheers,

James Sewell,
Solutions Architect

Level 2, 50 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000

*P *(+61) 3 8370 8000 *W* www.lisasoft.com *F *(+61) 3 8370 8099

--

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or