Re: Review: Non-inheritable check constraints

From: Nikhil Sontakke <nikkhils(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Review: Non-inheritable check constraints
Date: 2011-12-23 04:02:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I don't think this is a given ... In fact, IMO if we're only two or
> three fixes away from having it all nice and consistent, I think
> reverting is not necessary.

FWIW, here's a quick fix for the issue that Robert pointed out. Again it's
a variation of the first issue that he reported. We have two functions
which try to merge existing constraints:

MergeWithExistingConstraint() in heap.c
MergeConstraintsIntoExisting() in tablecmds.c

Nice names indeed :)

I have also tried to change the error message as per Alvaro's suggestions.
I will really try to see if we have other issues. Really cannot have Robert
reporting all the bugs and getting annoyed, but there are lotsa variations
possible with inheritance..

Regards,
Nikhils

Attachment Content-Type Size
only_constraint_no_merge_v2.0.patch application/octet-stream 2.5 KB