Re: Slow application response on lightly loaded server?

From: Mike Blackwell <mike(dot)blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow application response on lightly loaded server?
Date: 2012-07-17 19:48:26
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Yeah seems reasonable. The last thing I'd look at is something like
> improperly configured dns service. Are you connecting by IP or by
> host name?

Interesting possibility. We're currently connecting by host name. I could
try temporarily using the IP from one of the servers to see if that helps.
I'm not familiar enough with DNS services to do any diagnostics other than
using dig to see where something points.

Thanks for your help, BTW!

*Mike Blackwell | Technical Analyst, Distribution Services/Rollout
Management | RR Donnelley*
1750 Wallace Ave | St Charles, IL 60174-3401
Office: 630.313.7818
Mike(dot)Blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com
http://www.rrdonnelley.com