Re: copy a text type.

From: David Raznick <kindly(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: copy a text type.
Date: 2012-07-22 01:49:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> David Raznick <kindly(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> It there a way to create a new type, not a composite one, that acts in
>> exactly the same way as the text type except that it has a different
>> name.
>
> Perhaps a domain will do what you want?

Yes it absolutely should be. Thanks.

The issue I have now is that psycopg2 the python library does not
extract the oid of the domain (only the oid of the original type) when
it describes the columns in returned query. I am not sure if that is
an issue with libpq generally or this library.

> regards, tom lane

Thanks again.

David