How can I make PostgreSQL to select another quey plan?

From: Yangyang <yangyangbm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How can I make PostgreSQL to select another quey plan?
Date: 2011-11-30 15:51:09
Lists: pgsql-novice
HI, dear all
I'm trying to force the database to select another query plan for a
query, rather than the optimal one.
I changed query tuning related parameters, but the query plan stays
the same. Although the costs for nodes changed correspondingly,
What parameters can I modify to force the DB to select another plan?
Any hints will be helpful.
Thanks!
-Yangyang

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Sean DavisDate: 2011-11-30 15:57:43
Previous:From: Jean-Yves F. BarbierDate: 2011-11-26 08:18:19
Subject: Re: index type