Re: Disable TRUST authentication mode

From: c k <shreeseva(dot)learning(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Disable TRUST authentication mode
Date: 2012-03-10 16:20:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks to all.
I understand that the users who have the access to the system can also
change binaries. We are also thinking about the same. Using a virtual
server for the database with almost 80% of the system resource where even
persons from the IT department does not have the root access and do not
know passwords for the superusers of the database or do not have the access
to the filesystem of the virtual server can be a solution. Is it?
If any postgresql user have the experience to deal with the situations
like, please share your experiences.

Thanks and regards,

C P Kulkarni