Re: grouping of query data in xml

From: c k <shreeseva(dot)learning(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Johnston <polobo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: grouping of query data in xml
Date: 2012-01-21 15:52:57
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Sorry for double list posting. The query is follows. I have included a
where clause to limit the rows.

select query_to_xml($$select 'acc group' as accgroup, accgroups.accgroupid,
accgroups.accgroupname, 'docs' as doc, act.refaccdocid, sum(act.debit) as
d, sum(act.credit) as c from accgroups inner join accountingtransactions as
act on accgroups.accgroupid=act.accgroupid where accgroups.accgroupid
between 6050 and 6055 group by accgroups.accgroupid,
accgroups.accgroupname, act.refaccdocid limit 2$$, false, false, '')::xml
AS xmldata

I want to generate a xml format for multiple documents in our application
where many document types share some common properties (usually stored in a
single docs table) and few other properties which are specific for that
document type only. The above query is not exact as I need for creating
documents, but it is an example I am testing the xml functions of
PostgreSQL.