Can you create aliases in the psql shell?

From: Modulok <modulok(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Can you create aliases in the psql shell?
Date: 2013-02-11 00:11:32
Lists: pgsql-general

List,

Is there a way to create command aliases in the psql shell? I can never
remember all the \d* commands and have to look them up every time. If I could
create things like \list_databases, \list_tables, \list_roles, etc, it would be
much easier for me to remember.

Is there a way to create such aliases? I'm using 9.2.3 if that matters. I
didn't see anything in the man page. If not is there another command line
client interface?

Cheers!
-Modulok-