Re: "TL;DR:"

From: Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "TL;DR:"
Date: 2012-04-27 00:46:49
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Kevin Grittner <
> Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov> wrote:

>> Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> > I think it's a pretty lousy way to start off this page in
>> > particular; way too flippant for something we point newcomers to
>> > when they ask for help. +1 for rewriting in a more formal style.
>>
>> "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com> wrote:
>> > Very inappropriate there: remove 'em!
>>
>> I took a shot at reworking the portion ahead of the TOC, but I know
>> there are better wordsmiths than I out there. If anyone wants to
>> redo it, I won't be offended.
>>
>> I have a feeling the "Why were you sent this link?" section is a
>> little harsh, too; but haven't taken a run at that yet.
>>

> Reworded it. Now looking at the rest of the document.

Ok, I made some changes. The numbering really stymied me.

Greg -- is there a better way to manage the numbering? One of the problems
with the long lists is that they are not numbered - so if you're a poor bug
reporter trying to scan that list, you lose your place. But I want the
formatting to be consistent without having to give numbers to the
sub-points.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com