Re: Join over two tables of 50K records takes 2 hours

From: Svetlin Manavski <svetlin(dot)manavski(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Join over two tables of 50K records takes 2 hours
Date: 2011-10-14 08:35:57
Lists: pgsql-performance

Thank you guys for spotting the problem immediately.
The reason for such autovacuum thresholds is that these tables are designed
for very high rate of inserts and I have a specific routine to analyze them
in a more controlled way. Infact the stats target of some of the fields is
also high. However that routine was failing to perform analyze on
appqosdata.icmptraffic and its children due to another issue...

Regards,
Svetlin Manavski