Re: reprise: pretty print viewdefs

From: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: reprise: pretty print viewdefs
Date: 2011-12-24 19:26:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
> I've looked at that, and it was discussed a bit previously. It's more
> complex because it requires that we keep track of (or calculate) where we
> are on the line,

You might try a compromise, just spit out all the columns on one line
*unless* either the previous or next column is longer than something
like 30 columns. So if you have a long list of short columns it just
gets wrapped by your terminal but if you have complex expressions like
CASE expressions or casts or so on they go on a line by themselves.

--
greg