Re: Changing max_connections after WAL slave configured not allowed?

From: raghu ram <raghuchennuru(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Wells Oliver <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Changing max_connections after WAL slave configured not allowed?
Date: 2012-04-13 04:47:43
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 5:08 AM, Wells Oliver <wellsoliver(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I stopped my slave, lowered max_connections to 100 on the primary,
> restarted it, then started the slave back up and it wouldn't go:
>
> 2012-04-12 16:34:32 PDT FATAL:  hot standby is not possible because
> max_connections = 100 is a lower setting than on the master server (its
> value was 200)
>
> Which, OK, it _was_ 200 but now it's definitely 100. Is there a reason
> this change cannot be made now?

Whenever you modify the configuration parameters in Primary server,those
changes needs to  apply manually in standby server.

If you do not perform changes in standby server,Standby server will
shutdown automatically with above error message.

Please change "max_connection" parameter in postgresql.conf file of standby
server according primary server and then start the Standby server.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Raghu Ram