Yammer is looking for a Senior Database Administrator. The successful
candidate will own database administration, database performance and have a
large role in database and data architecture.
Yammer’s got lots of users that provide us lots of data. The company that
can collect, analyze, and react to data the fastest will have a major
competitive advantage in the space. We want to capture that data
efficiently and report on it. This position will create ETL tools and/or
front-end reporting tools. We need to generate great visualizations,
analysis, and actionable insights that will drive company decisions. If you
love making sense out of mountains of data, we should talk.
Yammer (www.yammer.com) is the leader in Enterprise Social Networking,
providing a secure way for employees inside a company to communicate,
collaborate, and share information.The basic version of Yammer is free, and
companies can pay to upgrade their network to receive additional
administrative and security controls, priority customer service, and a
dedicated customer success manager. More than 100,000companies and
organizations are using our award-winning Software-as-a-Service(SaaS)
solution to improve employee productivity and engagement.
* Experience with design and support of large, high volume production
* Strong understanding of PostgreSQL, including experience with or good
understanding of clustering and database replication scenarios.
* In depth knowledge of database design, including logical and physical
design,as well as SQL
* Analytical skills
* comfort with tools/processes involved in data-driven decision-making
* Comfort working in fast-paced environment
* BS or MS (preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Experience with Vertica preferred
* Experience with NOSQL solutions such as CouchDB or similar technologies
* Experience with design and support of a Data Warehouse
Please apply to https://www.yammer.com/about/jobs
Total of $57M in funding | We won the TechCrunch50 prize in 2008 | Yammer
is used by 80% of Fortune 500 companies
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Machovec, Israel||Date: 2011-11-22 12:45:44|
|Subject: Remote PostgreSQL DBA opportunity |
|Previous:||From: Alexandra Glowaski||Date: 2011-11-15 19:35:43|
|Subject: Needed: Innovative RoR / Ruby 1.9.2 / Rails 3 / JS Developer -
Postgres Experience Preferred|