PostgreSQL questions - copy / paste new data and updating records

From: Alex Marinov <alex(at)tennisround(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL questions - copy / paste new data and updating records
Date: 2011-09-26 01:31:57
Lists: sfpug
Hi -

My name is Alex and I'm part of a small team working on - a tennis directory and scheduling platform.

I'm looking for help with a couple of things - 1) importing data from Excel
into Postgresql on an ad-hoc basis - copy / paste style or through the
PgAdmin UI (several rows at the same time) and 2) looking up specific
records (CTRL+F style or search by keyword).

Right now I'm typing in updates manually from Excel into Postgresql. I
realize there might be a copy and paste way to do this. Couldn't find
anything in the support forums. Can you guys help?

Alex Marinov
Tennis Round |  Marketing & Business Development
Phone: 415-341-2533

Follow us on
Friend us on

sfpug by date

Next:From: Joe ConwayDate: 2011-10-07 17:21:09