Re: postgresql manuals

From: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vilpesh <vil_mistry(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql manuals
Date: 2012-07-17 17:26:46
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 8:26 PM, vilpesh <vil_mistry(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> I have been downloading the postgresql manual in pdf form.
> I had downloaded for 9.1 release pdf in both A4 and US formats.
>
> I tried opening the pdf files on windows 7 using Acrobat Reader X version
> 10.1.3 and Foxit reader 5.3.1.0606, but both do make complaints of the pdf
> file.
>
> Please suggest alternatives to above pdf readers or please verify the
> correctness of the pdf files.

The 9.1 A4 PDF file from here:
http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/pdf/9.1/postgresql-9.1-A4.pdf

seems fine to me. I tried the same version of Foxit reader on Windows
2003 R2, and am able to view it without trouble. Chrome, Preview, and
the pyPdf library on OS X also have no troubles.

What "complaint" exactly do you see in Acrobat Reader and/or Foxit?
Are you able to download and open other PDFs from the web? Also, could
you verify the location you downloaded the PDF from, the size of the
.pdf file, and if possible the md5sum as well?

Josh