lo_manage trigger on updates

From: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: lo_manage trigger on updates
Date: 2011-08-12 03:43:47
Lists: pgsql-docs
Hi all,

I think the doc section about using lo_manage() as a trigger:
   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/lo.html

could have its example tweaked to use a column-level BEFORE UPDATE
trigger, so as to save unnecessary trigger firings. Something like the
attached, perhaps?

On a similar note, the warning on that page about truncates could be
softened if we extended the lo_manage() function to handle truncates,
and set it up as on ON TRUNCATE trigger as well.

Josh

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: Thom BrownDate: 2011-08-15 16:58:00