Re: Figures referenced in the Developer's Guide

From: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: febin jacob <febinjacob(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Figures referenced in the Developer's Guide
Date: 2012-05-01 00:00:17
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 10:36 AM, febin jacob <febinjacob(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> In the document "developer-7.3.2-US.pdf" which i have downloaded from
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/manuals/archive/ , at many places references
> are made about the figures. For example in section 2.5.2 it is given as:
> "Figure \ref{plan} shows the plan produced for the query in example
> \ref{simple_select}". I would be grateful if you let me know where I can
> find these figures.

I'm not real familiar with the docs conventions of such ancient
versions, but it looks like the 7.3 docs (arch-dev.sgml, for your
example) contain a few references to removed and commented-out
figures. Your \ref{plan} snippet is looking for a section containing
this figure:
\epsfig{figure=figures/plan.ps}

I looked through a few 7.x tarballs, and saw some included .ps
graphics, though I don't see that particular one, or a "figures"
directory. Maybe someone else happens to know the history of those
figures.

Josh