Re: Multi-tenancy with RLS

From: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Multi-tenancy with RLS
Date: 2017-01-31 07:29:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 4:31 PM, Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 3:11 PM, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Haribabu Kommi
>> <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> > The above changes are based on my understanding to the discussion
>> occurred in
>> > this mail. In case if I miss anything, please let me know, i will
>> > correct the same.
>>
>> The patch series still apply.
>>
>> + " ((classid = (select oid from pg_class where
>> relname = 'pg_aggregate'))"
>> + " OR (classid = (select oid from pg_class where
>> relname = 'pg_cast') AND has_cast_privilege(objid, 'any'))"
>> + " OR (classid = (select oid from pg_class where
>> relname = 'pg_collation'))"
>> [... long list ...]
>> That's quite hard to digest...
>>
>> +static bool
>> +get_catalog_policy_string(Oid relationid, Form_pg_class
>> pg_class_tuple, char *buf)
>> This is an exceptionally weak interface at quick glance. This is using
>> SQL strings, and nothing is actually done regarding potentially
>> conflicting name types...
>>
>> The number of new files included in policy.c is impressive as well..
>>
>> This does not count as a full review though, so I am moving it to next
>> CF. Perhaps it will find its audience.
>>

> As the patch doesn't receive full review. Just kept in the commitfest to
> see any interest from others for this patch.
>
> Moved to next CF with "needs review" status.

This patch is not generating much interest from the community, may be
because of the design that is chosen to implement multi-tenancy.

Currently this patch is marked as rejected.

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia