Adding CORRESPONDING to Set Operations

From: Kerem Kat <keremkat(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Adding CORRESPONDING to Set Operations
Date: 2011-09-18 09:39:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I am new to postgresql code, I would like to start implementing easyish TODO
items. I have read most of the development guidelines, faqs, articles by
Greg Smith (Hacking Postgres with UDFs, Adding WHEN to triggers).

The item I would like to implement is adding CORRESPONDING [BY
(col1[,col2,...]])] to INTERSECT and EXCEPT operators.

Can anyone comment on how much effort this item needs?

regards, kerem kat.