Re: Measuring relation free space

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Measuring relation free space
Date: 2011-11-08 21:12:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 5:38 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> Looks pretty useful.

thanks for the review, attached is a new version of it

> One quick stylistic comment - we don't generally use "* 1.0" to turn
> an int into a double - just use a cast.

ok

> Hooking into a ring buffer seems like an almost requirement before you
> can run this on a larger production system, wouldn't it? I don't know
> how  hard that is code-wise, but it certainly seems worthwhile.

seems it wasn't too difficult... i just have to indicate the right
buffer access strategy so it's using a ring buffer now

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Attachment Content-Type Size
relation_free_space-v3.patch text/x-patch 8.1 KB