PGConnection getNotifications

From: k f <kfan(dot)b1(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGConnection getNotifications
Date: 2012-08-17 15:32:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I'm a newbie to postgreSQL so please forgive my ignorance. I am able to
write code that connects/updates a database. I copied a simple
Notify/Listen example and for the life of me I can't seem to figure out why
the getNotifications() method for the PGConnection class is undefined? All
the examples use it and the docs say its available after version 7.3 or so.
I've installed PostgreSQL 9.1.4, and link to postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar
in my project. What piece am I missing?