Re: server crash with "process 22821 releasing ProcSignal slot 32, but it contains 0"

From: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: server crash with "process 22821 releasing ProcSignal slot 32, but it contains 0"
Date: 2012-06-26 16:25:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Ok, I'll look into reproducing the crash conditions.  Unfortunately
>> this is a critical server and it crashed during a time sensitive
>> process. I can schedule a maintenance window though but it will have
>> to wait a bit.

I suspect (but haven't had time to prove and may not for several days
-- unfortunately going on vacation momentarily) that this might be
caused by pl/sh. In particular, we have a routine that was
inadvertently applied to the database in with windows cr/lf instead of
the normal linux newline. This is an older version of plgplsh (1.3)
and is maybe minus some relevant bug fixes. Just wanted to give a
heads up so that you didn't waste time investigating. I will follow
up on this eventually.

merlin