Re: PQisBusy() always busy

From: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: bradg <bg4all(at)me(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PQisBusy() always busy
Date: 2011-09-12 22:23:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 2:48 PM, bradg <bg4all(at)me(dot)com> wrote:
> Well, my output matches yours now:
>
> select returned zero
> i=0
> not busy!
> i=1
>
> Thanks for helping me eliminate that part of my code.
>
> Just curious... If I can't get to the bottom of my problem, is it safe to
> put PQexecParams() and PQexecPrepared() in a separate thread?

er, if you have an undiagnosed problem in your code, I am really
struggling with the leap of logic that you are somehow better off
using threads :-). given the choice of asynchronous, single threaded
programming and multi-threaded, I'll go asynchronous without
hesitation unless I have a very, very good reason not to. Better to
understand the issue completely now.

merlin