Patch: initdb: "'" for QUOTE_PATH (non-windows)

From: Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Patch: initdb: "'" for QUOTE_PATH (non-windows)
Date: 2016-08-14 15:12:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Postgres Team!

This is to fix an issue that came up for me when running initdb.

At the end of a successful initdb it says:

Success. You can now start the database server using:
pg_ctl -D /some/path/to/data -l logfile start

but this command did not work for me because my data directory
contained a space. The src/bin/initdb/initdb.c source code
did already have a QUOTE_PATH constant, but it was the empty
string for non-windows cases.

Therefore, added quotes via existing QUOTE_PATH constant:

pg_ctl -D '/some/path/to/data' -l logfile start

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-initdb-for-QUOTE_PATH-non-windows.patch application/octet-stream 991 bytes