Re: plpgsql : adding record variable to table

From: thomas veymont <thomas(dot)veymont(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plpgsql : adding record variable to table
Date: 2012-04-19 11:56:16
Lists: pgsql-sql

that made it, thank you.
For other readers, here is what I finally did :

CREATE TABLE mytable (...)

CREATE FUNCTION xxxx (...) RETURNS SETOF mytable AS $$
DECLARE
r mytable%rowtype
BEGIN
FOR r IN select * from mytable
LOOP
RETURN next r;
END LOOP;
RETURN;
END;

I don't know if %rowtype is actually needed. I found this in here :
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Return_more_than_one_row_of_data_from_PL/pgSQL_functions

thanks again
Tom