Re: test git conversion

From: Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: test git conversion
Date: 2012-01-30 18:40:28
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> There are several dozen of these across all the various tags. The left
> is the git conversion, the right is the CVS checkout. Everything in
> the CVS checkout seems to be in the attic (even though the files
> themselves are not--at least not at those checked out tags). Is this
> expected? Does it have to do with the missing config file?

So not much news on this front except that I did a fresh checkout from
pgjdbc CVS, and I seem to have the same "/Attic/" path component on
those $Header$ expansions in old branches. I still don't understand
it, but it seems legit. If I don't hear otherwise, I'll throw a git
filter-branch step into the conversion process to make git history
consistent with these.

---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com