Re: test git conversion

From: Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: test git conversion
Date: 2012-02-01 11:45:53
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

The "/Attic" issue turned out to be a cvs2git problem; Michael
Haggerty fixed it very quickly. We now convert with spotless [1]
verification across all 80 (!) tags and the history looks clean. I
think we're ready to roll.

The conversion process is a little convoluted, but most of it is
automated. As before, the scripts to do the conversion are on github:
https://github.com/deafbybeheading/pgjdbc2git/ . In theory, I think
anyone running the script against the same repository bundle *should*
produce the same git history, but I didn't want to push the result to
github yet just in case.

[1]: Because git avoids CVS-style keywords, the conversion cannot be
perfect; in verification I substitute "/cvsroot" for the repository
root (though this only affects some older branches)
---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com