Re: GIT move

From: Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>, Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak(at)officenet(dot)no>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GIT move
Date: 2012-02-07 00:57:20
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
>> Also, vaguely on this topic, I'm not sure if there's a formal plan for
>> methods of accepting patches (e.g., via github pull requests), but I
>> highly recommend that all patches be required to be rebased against
>> trunk/master, resulting in fast-forward merges into the main tree.
>> This makes history much simpler to follow (no merge nodes) without a
>> significant downside.
>>

> Currently the main project still requires a context patch as well

Good point. I'll see if I can dig up the discussion on the main
project's list and argue against following that here ;) (or maybe the
discussion will change my mind)--I think a rebased pull request
(squashed to a single changeset, if appropriate) is essentially a
fancier context patch.
---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com