Re: streaming replication does not work across datacenter with 20ms latency?

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Yan Chunlu <springrider(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: streaming replication does not work across datacenter with 20ms latency?
Date: 2011-07-25 07:38:31
Lists: pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Yan Chunlu <springrider(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I think the problem is still "invalid record length" and "invalid
> magic number", it start showing right after I complete sync data and
> start slave.  If I stop slave later and restart, yes it could show
> xlog not found and can not catch master. but why the "invalid" things
> in the first place?

You might have the same problem which was reported before.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-06/msg00661.php

That problem was fixed, and the fix will be included in next minor
update (i.e., 9.0.5).
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2011-06/msg00101.php

Of course, you can avoid the problem by building PostgreSQL with
gcc != 4.6.0, I think.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao