Re: error on start up "could not change directory to"

From: Kevin Duffy <kevind0718(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error on start up "could not change directory to"
Date: 2012-02-05 22:56:18
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am would guess that I am using the "pre-packaged" version, because I did
the install using yum.
If I start postgresql using "sudo service postgresql start" it will find
my data
directory? Do I need to do a SU - postgres first?
Is there a recent tutorial for starting, stopping and other simple
postgresql
admin tasks?

Many thanks for your quick reply on the weekend.

Best

KD