[ISSUE] pg_dump: schema with OID 0 does not exist

From: Prakash Itnal <prakash074(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [ISSUE] pg_dump: schema with OID 0 does not exist
Date: 2014-02-25 10:21:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Recently we observed below errors while taking dump after upgrading from
9.0.13 to 9.1.9.

pg_dump: schema with OID 0 does not exist

I referred similar issues reported previously (
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAGWYGjXRJj=zuGEJV0ckVn4Zf9Hb92Q+7e3aQFCVbGBMb9Z+ZQ@mail.gmail.com)
and get issue resolved after identifying and inserting some of the missing
rows from *pg_opclass* table. Below are the rows that are missed after
upgrade (from *pg_opclass *table):

405 | aclitem_ops | 11 | 10 | 2235
| 1033 | t | 0

783 | box_ops | 11 | 10 | 2593 |
603 | t | 0

783 | point_ops | 11 | 10 | 1029
| 600 | t | 603

783 | poly_ops | 11 | 10 | 2594
| 604 | t | 603

783 | circle_ops | 11 | 10 | 2595
| 718 | t | 603

2742 | _int4_ops | 11 | 10 | 2745
| 1007 | t | 23

2742 | _text_ops | 11 | 10 | 2745
| 1009 | t | 25

2742 | _abstime_ops | 11 | 10 | 2745
| 1023 | t | 702

Can some one help me to understand whether it is an issue? If not how and
why these rows got disappeared after upgrade?

Since we have an fully automated environment we do not encourage manual
intervention. So I am trying to understand how can we handle these issues.

--
Cheers,
Prakash