Re: Problem with initdb and two versions on one server?

From: Chris McCormick <mccormick1(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with initdb and two versions on one server?
Date: 2012-03-01 13:52:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank for the good input.

I found my problem. I compiled initially *with* the --disable-rpath
option. When I realised my mistake, I did a make uninstall,
reconfigured, rebuilt, and reinstalled. My post was made when I had
done this and thought I had the settings as stated. However, the
uninstall didn't remove everything (chalk this up to my lack of
linux/build-from-source experience). So I think some of the
not-removed files were still using a disabled rpath and going to the
old 7.4.30 paths.

When I uninstalled and rm'd the directories before restarting the
whole process, it worked.

For the record, I was using bash on CentOS 4.9.

Thanks again,
Chris