Notices during execution

From: Jason McKellar <jason(at)deadtreepages(dot)com>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Notices during execution
Date: 2011-09-16 19:05:57
Lists: psycopg

Hello,

Is there a way to get messages output using raise notice while a function is
executing?

I have a long-running (10 minutes) function that raises notices every 10
seconds or so about what it is currently doing and would like to view them
while the function is running. I suppose a workaround if I can't do this in
Psycopg2 is to execute psql and get the stdout.

Thanks,

Jason