Re: What is postgresql status? I'm not sure

From: Lukasz Brodziak <lukasz(dot)brodziak(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Mcleod, John" <johnm(at)spicergroup(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What is postgresql status? I'm not sure
Date: 2011-08-26 07:00:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

First thing to check is wether the postmaster.pid file has been created in
data folder. If so try to log into the server using pgAdmin (if You don't
know the password to the server You can change authentication mode to trust
in pg_hba.conf file). If not go to event viewer:

1. Click *Start*, and then click *Control Panel*. Click *Performance and
Maintenance*, then click *Administrative Tools*, and then
double-click *Computer
Management*. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in.
2. In the console tree, click *Event Viewer*.

And look for eny errors regarding PostgreSQL. Feel free to post any of the
errors here to find further support.

--
Łukasz Brodziak
"Do you bury me when I'm gone