Re: default SSL compression (was: libpq compression)

From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Euler Taveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>, Florian Pflug <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: default SSL compression (was: libpq compression)
Date: 2013-01-02 14:32:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> Finally we deny MD5 - I have no idea why we do that.

Because it's broken, same motivation as in the thread for implementing
ZK authentication.

Also, I seem to have missed something because the thread subject
mentions compression whereas I've seen no mention of it in the
discussion (maybe I just missed it). But, in any case, I would like to
point out this[0]. I'm not sure it's readily applicable to PG's wire
protocol, but just in case I mention it.

[0] http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=976ED08F-CB4A-23DA-FFDA0419B8750B72