I wish I could pass bound variables as a dictionary not a list

From: "W(dot) Matthew Wilson" <matt(at)tplus1(dot)com>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: I wish I could pass bound variables as a dictionary not a list
Date: 2011-07-20 00:24:06
Lists: psycopg
Every once in a while, I have to write a big gnarly query like

cursor.execute("""
    select *
    from table1
    where (%s) > 99
    and ...
   """,

    [a, a, b, b, c, c, a, a, b])

The point being that I have to repeat lots of parameters because I use
them in several where-clauses.

It would make these queries vastly easier to read and debug if I could
pass in bound variables as a dictionary, rather than as a tuple.

Is this possible?

Matt

--
W. Matthew Wilson
matt(at)tplus1(dot)com

psycopg by date

Next:From: Adrian KlaverDate: 2011-07-20 00:33:48
Previous:From: Federico Di GregorioDate: 2011-07-05 08:35:36
Subject: Re: Named Cursors WITH HOLD