Debug PostgreSQL function using pgAdmin

From: Ken Chan <kenchanmc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support-request(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Debug PostgreSQL function using pgAdmin
Date: 2011-10-23 17:42:48
Lists: pgadmin-support
I refer this (
 to enable the debugger in the PostgreSQL server in order to debugging the
plpgsql function by stepping through the codes using the pgadmin.

I have already set shared_preload_libraries =
'$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll' in the postgresql.conf, run
pldbgapi.sql , and restarted the server.

These steps should have been run successfully and plugin_debugger.dll should
be loaded successfully as can be verified by using the command show
shared_preload_libraries, and I can see the debugging option in the context
menu with a right click on a function in pgAdmin.

When choosing "Debugging" --> Debug, a window pops up to allow me to enter
the values for the input parameters. But after that, when I press OK, it
does not respond at all.

Any ideas or did I miss something in the setup of the debugger on the

I am using PostgreSQL 8.3  on window XP and pgAdmin 1.14.

For more information including the screen captures , please refer to my
questions at

Thanks and best regards,

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: sito-itoDate: 2011-10-24 08:34:34