Limit the size of explainPopup

From: Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Limit the size of explainPopup
Date: 2012-05-05 11:09:49
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

I often use pgadmin's graphical explain to see how queries generated
be hibernate are planned&executed by postgresql, and it works really
well.
However, for very long queries pgadmin3 tries to create windows >
65536 pixels, which is not supported by X11 and therefor leads to
XErrors, which in turn cause pgadmin3 to close because of assetions.

I would propose to limit the size of the ExplainPopup to the screen
dimensions, please see the attached patch.

Thank you in advance, Clemens

pgadmin-hackers by date