Re: PostgreSQL-9.0.1

From: Venkat Balaji <venkat(dot)balaji(at)verse(dot)in>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Raghavendra <raghavendra(dot)rao(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL-9.0.1
Date: 2011-08-23 05:50:23
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for your reply !

Before I read this post, I had successfully installed Postgres with
"--without-zlib" option.

Could you please let me know what could be the impact on the database and
application performance ?

I am installing PG on a brand new server (CentOS - 5.4) 32 bit. I would redo
the installation with "ldconfig" option as well (i never did before).

But, we did not face this problem before on any of our servers (both on 64
bit and 32 bit). I mean we never had to manually link our libraries using
"ldconfig".

Thanks
Venkat