Expressions without type

From: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Expressions without type
Date: 2012-08-22 12:48:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi All,
I need to check type of expressions appearing in a Query tree and I am
using exprType() for that. But for certain expressions their type is not
defined like List, FromExpr, JoinExpr. Such expressions are acceptable in
the code, but expressions which have a type need to obey certain criteria
like they can not be composite type etc. exprType() throws error when it's
passed expressions which do not have type and hence I can not use it
directly. Is there a function, which would tell me whether a given
expression can have a type or not?

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat