access log for 1 table

From: Peter Koczan <pjkoczan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: access log for 1 table
Date: 2011-09-12 18:42:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Is there any way to set an access log for a specific table?

What I'd like to do is have a record of all access for one table. It
would be nice to do this by raising a notice and having it show up in
syslog. I could use triggers, but I would need to log for SELECT
queries as well. Rules look like like they are not the best way to go
about this, either.

Are there any ideas?

Thanks,
Peter