Re: Run external program from postgresql

From: Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Run external program from postgresql
Date: 2012-05-17 16:06:48
Lists: pgsql-admin
2012/5/17 francescoboccacci(at)libero(dot)it <francescoboccacci(at)libero(dot)it>

> yes, thanks. I would like to intall pl/python in windows. Where i can find
> this module?
>
> Thanks

I don't use Windows, so I never install pl/python in this plataform.

But if you already install PostgreSQL in your machine I believe you could
download the binaries zip package for windows [1].

After you download and extract the zip package you'll found the
"plpython3.dll" file in the "lib" directory, then you must copy this file
do the "lib" directory of your PostgreSQL installation ("c:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\9.1\lib") and you can try create language in your database:

CREATE LANGUAGE plpythonu;

or

CREATE EXTENSION plpythonu;   (9.1 version)

Regards,

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL