Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"

From: Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"
Date: 2013-01-03 04:08:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I know this has been discussed and rejected before, but I find that
> rejection to be wrong-headed. I have repeatedly been asked, with
> levels of exasperation ranging from mild to homicidal, why we don't
> have this feature, and I have no good answer. If it were somehow
> difficult to record this or likely to produce a lot of overhead, that
> would be one thing. But it isn't. It's probably a hundred-line
> patch, and AFAICS the overhead would be miniscule.

Hi all,

The attached patch add a new column into 'pg_database' called 'datcreated'
to store the timestamp of database creation.

If this feature is approved I could extend it to add a column into
'pg_class' to store creation timestamp too.

I think we can discuss about psql support to show this new info about
databases...

Regards,

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL
>> Blog sobre TI: http://fabriziomello.blogspot.com
>> Perfil Linkedin: http://br.linkedin.com/in/fabriziomello
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/fabriziomello

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_database_add_datcreated_column_v1.patch application/octet-stream 5.6 KB