Re: BUG #6514: mount data folder in remote location

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: sanker(dot)ks(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6514: mount data folder in remote location
Date: 2012-03-05 15:53:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM,  <sanker(dot)ks(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      6514
> Logged by:          Shanker
> Email address:      sanker(dot)ks(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.3
> Operating system:   RHEL5.5
>
> Hi All,
> I am using PostgreSQL 8.4 server in RHEL5.5 Server the data directory is
> mounted with lvm but data directory disk usage 99% and restoration is failed
> in it. I want to mount data folder in another RHEL5.5 server or NAS drive.
> So please help me hot to mount data folder in remote location

Issues you may have administering your server's disk usage properly
doesn't indicate any bug in PostgreSQL.

I would observe that if you shift storage over to run atop NFS, you
may significantly increase the risk of server failure leading to
corruption or destruction of your database.  See the documentation:
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/creating-cluster.html>

At any rate, none of this indicates a bug in PostgreSQL.