EXPLAIN explanation

From: Binand Sethumadhavan <binand(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EXPLAIN explanation
Date: 2012-03-30 10:56:57
Lists: pgsql-novice
Is there a comprehensive online document or printed book that explains
the EXPLAIN output? Something akin to the MySQL documentation here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/explain-output.html

I would really like to know what EXPLAIN is telling me, and more
importantly, what it is not telling me. I have read some documents,
but none that breaks it down to pieces and explains each piece
separately.

TIA.

Binand

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Binand SethumadhavanDate: 2012-03-30 11:09:29
Previous:From: Andreas KretschmerDate: 2012-03-30 07:53:07
Subject: Re: How to successfully create a new function?