Re: Stored function debugging help

From: Alban Hertroys <haramrae(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: JavaNoobie <vivek(dot)mv(at)enzentech(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Stored function debugging help
Date: 2011-11-28 15:28:34
Lists: pgsql-general
On 28 November 2011 13:36, JavaNoobie <vivek(dot)mv(at)enzentech(dot)com> wrote:
> Well I'm not fond of using a temporary table either. But how would I be able
> to iterate over a set of consumers while using a join ? From my (limited) ,
> using only a join I would only be able to generate the data for a particular
> consumer , rather than all of them.

It would seem that the join that you already use inside your for-loop
would give you the results you want, precisely because of the join
that's in it. Provided you take off the limit, of course.

Perhaps you want those results DISTINCT ON (consumer_id), but a
for-loop is definitely not the way to do that. Not impossible, just
very inelegant and slow.