Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE and RLS

From: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: INSERT ... ON CONFLICT UPDATE and RLS
Date: 2015-03-02 10:16:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 26 February 2015 at 09:27, Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I think this should probably be committed as 2 separate patches...

On closer inspection, the 2 parts are interrelated since the new
self-join test that tests the inheritance planner changes also
requires the rewriter changes, otherwise it falls over with an
infinite recursion error in the rewriter. I suppose the rewriter
changes could be committed first with the self-join without
inheritance test to test the fix to the infinite recursion problem,
but I think it's probably easier to just treat this as a single set of
related bug fixes.

Attached is an updated patch. There are no more code changes, but I've
added a few more regression tests.

Regards,
Dean

Attachment Content-Type Size