Re: Further news on Clang - spurious warnings

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Further news on Clang - spurious warnings
Date: 2011-08-03 13:30:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers
It occurred to me that you may be a little surprised that the patch
actually prevents the warning from occurring. If you have any doubts,
I can assure you that it does. Clang differentiates between 0 as an
rvalue, 0 from an enum literal and 0 resulting from evaluating a macro
expression (including a function-like macro with deep nesting).