Re: wxWidgets 2.9.2 compatibility

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: wxWidgets 2.9.2 compatibility
Date: 2011-07-13 14:01:27
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On 13 July 2011 14:39, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Building-with-wx2-9-on-Mac-td3397898.html#a3397998
>
> Ahh, yes - that one.
>
> Anyhoo, I'm looking to commit the patch so we can move forward. Objections?

Yes. I think you're working around a bug in wxWidgets by qualifying
which base class you mean to call, and that you should just get the
bug fixed. I'm guessing that you don't see this problem on Windows and
Linux? It's probably totally incidental that you don't see a problem
when building with Clang.

Try and produce a test-case, and send it to the wx guys. They're
fairly responsive, I found.